Department of Theatre
Oklahoma State University
Production Participation Eligibility Policy
1. Students wishing to become involved in an OSU Theatre production must be enrolled at OSU and regularly attending classes.
2. To be involved in an OSU Theatre production, students must have and maintain a minimum cumulative retention/graduation GPA of 2.0. This is the same minimum as required by the University to maintain good academic standing. University GPA scores will be taken from current SIS postings for the previous semester.
3. All Theatre majors must also earn and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA in all of their theatre classes. This is the same minimum GPA required in Theatre classes in order to graduate.
4. Any student who falls below a 2.0 GPA, or any Theatre major who falls below a 2.5 GPA in their Theatre classes, will receive a letter from the department stating that he/she has been put on probation for one semester. During this semester of probation, the student will be allowed to participate in productions, but must, by the end of that semester, bring his/her GPA up to required minimum scores.
5. If, after a semester of probation, a student does not successfully bring his/her GPA up to the minimum required scores, that student will receive a letter from the department stating that he/she has been suspended from participation in the Theatre production program until his/her GPA reaches the minimum scores. As soon as a student’s GPA score returns to the minimum levels, that student will be reinstated to participate in the Theatre production program.
6. Theatre majors, who are employees of the Theatre Department and are placed on University academic notice, are ineligible to participate in the Theatre production program as stated above. This student employee will be released from his/her employment until his/her cumulative retention/graduation GPA returns to the University minimum requirement of 2.0.